Saturday, October 17, 2009

An enjoyable Saturday spent with the Fam...

Well, since Hubby was home we got to enjoy the Downtown Farmer's Market as a family again.

TacoDeli breakfast tacos. Ginger Scones, Blue Cheese and Bacon Quiches.... sooooooo tasty. Hubby was in bliss getting to enjoy his beloved breakfast tacos. Homemade while very tasty just aren't the same as the TacoDeli ones. He also enjoyed some of the coffee that he always gets from the Texas Coffee Traders and I enjoyed a lovely Hibiscus Tea from Nile Valley Herbs. It is sooo amazing and I just love to support him and his business. He uses part of the proceeds from the sales to help bring clean water and assistance to his home village in Kolomiseed in Africa.

I also got to see one of my wonderful AustinMamas who work one of the farmers stalls. Always great to see Ms. Debi.

After enjoying our wonderful breakfast while listening to a great singer playing at the sitting area we headed over to BookPeople another wonderful Austin based company. The kids enjoyed the bookstore and I picked up the latest copy of Alton Brown's new book Good Eats: the Early Years and my wristband for the book signing tomorrow. Yep, we're gonna see the Man himself, Alton Brown tomorrow. Okay I admit I'm pretty damn excited but then so are the kids. They soooo love to watch Good Eats. I've got about a dozen episodes DVR'd and they watch them just as much as they watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars. His only serious competition is the Weather Channel.

Yeah, so I've got weird kids... what's it too ya?!

It was a very enjoyable day... of course on the way home the kids (especially Child #3) wanted to go to Terra Toys. I swear he knows exactly where it is because as we were driving down Burnet on the way home he wanted to know if we were going to Terra Toys because it was right ahead (1/2 a mile away!). Boy is way too smart for his own good sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment