Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Weather Channel

I swear it is becoming the bane of my existence. My children are OBSESSED with The Weather Channel. They have to have it on ALL the time.

I was just informed by Child #4 who is 3 years old that "we are going to have a chance of scattered thunderstorms tonight".

Yeah, I believe that when I see it. Especially since we are day 50+ of triple digit temperatures and we are in the middle of a drought. We are more than 3 feet below our annual rainfall for the past 20 months.

And we seem to be under some bubble that surrounds the Austin area and doesn't allow the rain to actually FALL here. I've watched the radar and it seems to vaporize when it goes over Austin to reappear on the other side. WTF?? Seriously. We've missed getting rain in our yard by mere blocks.

Anyways, my children are obsessed with watching The Weather Channel. Of course they also love Good Eats with Alton Brown... I now hear it on in the other room, very distinct theme music... watching Discovery Channel and National Geographic in HD. They are becoming science obsessed. My little herd of geeks. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment