Monday, August 17, 2009

Countdown to School

So its less than a week until school starts.

I can't believe I have a Third grader, a First grader and one starting Pre-K.

Okay it still irritates me that they refuse to allow Child #3 to start Kinder because his birthday is 3 weeks after the "cut off". He is soooo ready to start school. He knows his letters & can write them, can write his name, can identify so many words, can count to 100 and is more than mature enough socially. Hell he shares better than most kids his age but nooooooooooo! His birthday is 26 days after August 31st.

Yeah that's a real good reason to have him wait another year. Personally I think it should be on a case by case evaluation if the parents wish them to start.

Anyways, I've sorted through clothes for the new year. We've acquired our much needed school supplies. Even bought stickers to put on each of their pencil boxes so they will be personalized. Backpacks are labeled and ready. Just need to do haircuts. The boys are easy and I'll do them myself but I'm thinking about taking Child #1 to KAOS and letting them do it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment