Sunday, January 31, 2010

The first of many Science Fair Projects...


Child #1 was required to do a Science Fair Project this year as a third grader. I don't think I did my first Science Fair Project until I was in seventh grade. Well Child #2 wanted to do one too. He isn't required to as a first grader it is optional.

So after much thought Child #1 decided to do hers on Volcanos and Child #2 decided to do his on the Saturn V rocket.

Definitely need to start the project much sooner than the week before. Yep, Hubby and I were up late the last night making sure every thing was finished and dried.

Child #1 received a 1st place blue ribbon.

So did Child #2. He was so proud of his rocket. He did most of the actual painting, I just did a little bit of the clean up and put the stickers on straight for him.

I really like how they award the ribbons. There isn't a single 1st, 2nd or 3rd place ribbon for each grade, it is figured off total points like a grade. So each child is only completely against himself really.

No comments:

Post a Comment